Wednesday, October 31, 2007

You can't BE the bride and eat it too...

I think I'm getting the quote wrong.

I got married two weeks ago... *Crickets chirping* Exactly. While I'm convinced that my marriage is the absolute best thing that ever happened to me, the wedding itself didn't seem to be top priority to anyone other than myself, my groom, and our immediate families. One person said he couldn't attend because he "had a thing." My own grandmother didn't come because it was the perfect occasion to use as bait for her drama with her daughter-in-law (my Mom/Matron of Honor), despite my somewhat important status as her only granddaughter.

Don't get me wrong - the wedding was beautiful, the ceremony was incredible, the food was awesome... and most of us had fun. (Well, the important people did.) Some remained uninvolved - sitting at their tables with bland looks on their uninterested faces, leaving early, or better yet (my personal favorite) not bothering to show up at all. Some were super-involved - agreeing to help with various aspects and then making their own decisions as to what would be best for my wedding... I'll leave the best details out, here, in hopes that my next major life event will have more loyal attendees (my funeral, for example).

It was my understanding that people had to do what the Bride asked. Hence the term "Bridezilla" which I did everything in my power to avoid being. Perhaps there's the rub. I should have been more of a bitch, and then no one would have dared not listen to me, for fear of my wrath! Well, there's always my funeral to be wrathful at. Anyone up for a haunting? I already have a few on my list...

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your marriage! Wow... what an interesting wedding you describe.

    Its always sad when people you consider 'family' or 'friends' let you down. Mostly, its sad for them.

    Its uplifting to see you have a sense of humor about it.

    Kind regards,
    C

    ReplyDelete
  2. heheh. this is a post that made me chuckle. i like how you write, and i think it's great that you have such a wonderful sense of humour.

    i have already resolved that i'm going to only call people i know and like. then again, that is probably the twenty-year-old idealist in me speaking. the realist in here knows better, methinks!

    ReplyDelete

All the world's a stage! But for now, just type your soliloquy here.